Vera Zvonareva Forum - Russian Tennis Player - Two WTA titles holder - Go BEPA! Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
 Pages:  1  2  3  4
Author: Subject: Memphis
robert

posted on 14-2-2005 at 06:16 AM Reply With Quote
Memphis

Wow, the site is up again and also with a new look. Great! I never thought that a hacker could have interest to hack this site, because with doing this he wasn´t able to make his message seen to a large amount of people.

The draw for Memphis is out:
1st round: Pastikova (89)
2nd round: Beltrame (108) or Osterloh (109)
QF: from ranking I would say Irvin (76), but from the last weeks I would say Bondarenko (307)
SF: Linetskaya (59) , Sucha (54)
Frazier (#2 here) is already out (#3 here is Shaughnessy).

So let´s hope the best for Vera!
David

posted on 14-2-2005 at 07:42 AM Reply With Quote

Hello Robert!

Nice! I think the forum looks great. Finally I get to see Vera smiling (in the upper left corner picture).

Yeah, Robert, I agree with you, I don't know what was the rationale behind the hacker's decision to destroy this forum: There's only 10 people that visit this forum regularly. hehe What a sucker!

Memphis ought to bring good memories to all of us, including Vera.

This is an excerpt from wta's site: "The victory was Zvonareva's second title and first since last year's first title in Bol."

I read that our good old friend Simon has finished sorting out the pictures from the Aussie Open and that they are ready to be uploaded. Hurry up Simon we are waiting! hehe

Memphis looks good to me. And as Robert says, let's hope the best for Vera. Wait, I've got a better one: Let's expect the worst and hope for the best. That way, If Vera loses there will not be any disappointments.
And I'm not being cynical here, I'm just saying, let's not get our hopes too high because Vera is going through difficult times.

Give them hell Vera!!
Nick_chicane

posted on 14-2-2005 at 10:19 AM Reply With Quote

Wow, i didnt expect it to be fixed this quickly!!:D Its great to be back!!!

Yeah, simon, we want some pics now to celebrate the new forum!!!:D

It did seem very strange that a guy would wanna hack this forum, as you say, its not got a huge amount of people on it so hes not gonna gain much by doing it!! I can only presume he doesnt like Vera!! I honestly cant see any other reason for doing it!! If that is the case then its also abit of a compliment that he chose this forum to do it on!! Clearly he sees this one as the best aand thinks it will cause the most disruption!!

Vera,if your reading this,say hi to us guys! We'd really love to hear from you!
Vera Zvonareva,quite possibly the most beautiful girl in the world!!
sachalandkroon

Mood: Fine

posted on 14-2-2005 at 10:40 AM Reply With Quote

This is really great!
They actually made this whole thing available in Dutch!
Great work guys!

There’s a somebody I’m longing to see
I hope that she turns out to be
Someone who’ll watch over me
I’m a little lamb who’s lost in the wood
I know I could always be good
If someone could just watch over me

Vera Zvonareva, quite possibly the biggest risk for people with a weak hart, but she's worth it!
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger
David

posted on 14-2-2005 at 10:43 AM Reply With Quote

Hi Nick, hi Sacha, Long time no see! hehe

You know what, I was thinking the same thing you said: Vera must have some enemies; they are clearly trying to hinder our efforts to construct the greatest online community the internet has ever seen.

The point here, the real question is: who is behind all this? mmm? Could it be an angry fan who did not get Vera's autograph? At this point, everyone is a suspect. It could be anybody. Though I don't buy the middle eastern facade of the attack. I'll stay with my hypothesis of the Angry fan - Candy Man. :D

I like the new forum, too.

I'm really excited about Memphis!! This is our chance to get back on track!!:)

Vera Zvonareva - 2004 Memphis Tournament Champion
Simon Meadows

posted on 14-2-2005 at 10:56 AM Reply With Quote

Wow. This is great. As Dorothy said in the wizard of Oz, "There's no place like home". OK guys, I have successfully loaded the photo's onto my computer at home and I will attempt to post them. There are seven which turned out OK. So now I will get to work.:P
I am not the most computer literate person but I will sort it out as soon as possible
David

posted on 14-2-2005 at 11:04 AM Reply With Quote

Yeehaw!! Bravo Simon.
This is very exciting. I've been wanting to see those pictures since day 1.
And now It's showtime!!

Vera Zvonareva - 2004 Memphis Tournament Champion
Simon Meadows

posted on 14-2-2005 at 11:14 AM Reply With Quote

OK. I will have to consult a mate of mine to help me out. Oh this is frustrating. I owe it to you guys to get it sorted. We have been away from home for far too long.
andrewbroad

posted on 14-2-2005 at 11:17 PM Reply With Quote
Re: The Forum's new look

Quote:
Originally posted by David
I think the forum looks great. Finally I get to see Vera smiling (in the upper left corner picture).

I love the new look! Bepa looks so beautiful when she smiles like that - I wish she would do it more often, e.g. when she wins a match.

Udachi Bepa v Memphis! You can defend your title!

--
Dr. Andrew Broad
http://www.geocities.com/andrewbroad/
http://www.geocities.com/andrewbroad/tennis/
http://www.geocities.com/andrewbroad/tennis/zvona/

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/verazvonareva/
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member andrewbroad's Yahoo
Simon Meadows

posted on 15-2-2005 at 04:30 AM Reply With Quote

OK Guys, I've successfully emailed the pics to the site(finally... it was my fault but I've worked it out with my computer). Hope to see them posted up soon. ;)
robert

posted on 15-2-2005 at 06:00 AM Reply With Quote

Can´t wait to see the pics. Glad that you got everything fixed now, Simon.

Today Vera will play her first round match. I think what David said would be the best approach to look at this tournament.
I´ve seen that #2,4,5 and 6 of the seeded players are already out here.
Sam

thumbup.gif posted on 15-2-2005 at 06:17 AM Reply With Quote

Hey you all...
Greetings again from Memphis. I finally found Vera today.

The champions from last year (men's and women's) have a car and driver for the tournament, and a reserved parking spot at the front entrance to the club. When I arrived this morning, her car was parked there, so I knew she was here practicing. She was on a closed court, and while I was walking around (trying to spot her leaving the court area) she managed to get away!!

About 3 hours later, I noticed her car was back. So I made the rounds, but couldn't find her. I was told she was not on the practice court, so I decided she might be in the dining room. My morning shift as usher was done by this point, so I sat outside the dining room for a while, and suddenly she walked by. I called after her and she stopped; she told me she had to go to the press room (news media), so I walked there with her and told her I'd wait outside until she was finished.

When she came out, I got a picture with her, and talked a little bit with her. She told me she's seen the site a few times, but that she didn't have the time to get on the internet to really keep up with it. And as asked, Nick (I think it was you), I told her that all the guys on the site love her. She smiled at that. I wished her good luck for tomorrow's match, and told her I'd be there cheering for her.

If I see her tomorrow morning, I'll try to get a picture of just her for the site. (you probably don't want to look at me!).

Vera's match is tomorrow (Tuesday) at probably about 12 Noon Central time. It's the 3rd match on Stadium Court.

Sacha, I've talked to Michaela Kracijek's mother about 3 times. I told her that Michaela had a fan on Vera's site. She seemed pleased.

Chanda Rubin withdrew from the tournament. She was practicing this morning before her scheduled match, and must have decided she wasn't doing well enough to play. She's been off for some time with an injury. She was supposed to play Linetskaya; Gallovits substituted, and Linetskaya won the match. She is an agressive player. She may meet Vera in the Semis. Vera will have a chance for revenge.

GO BEPA!!!
Nick_chicane

posted on 15-2-2005 at 07:42 AM Reply With Quote

Andrew, yeah, its a great pic, Vera, looks so cute!! You just wanna give her a big hug when she smiles like that!!:D

Simon, we'll look forward to checking those pics out!!;)

Sam, that was so cool that you got to speak to Vera and you mentioned us, its great that we can put a smile on her face without even speaking to her!!:D Though you really should have mentioned me personally as her number 1 fan and that she should come see us and e-mail me!! lol.......That is so lucky that you got to talk to her properly though, i'd love to be able to do that, you should feel very honoured cause your life is now complete!!:D

Rod Mckenzie

posted on 15-2-2005 at 07:54 AM Reply With Quote

Hello,
Simon's pictures are available here:
http://www.zvonareva.com/AusOpen2005/index.htm

Thanks.
robert

posted on 15-2-2005 at 08:48 AM Reply With Quote

Sam, you´re definitely a lucky guy because you got the chance to talk to her. But I think if I got the chance I wouldn´t know what to say. Two shy people talking to each other always ends rather quiet, especially if they don´t know each other well. Thx for telling her about us.

Great pics of Vera in action, Simon!
Thx for posting the link, Rod!
David

posted on 15-2-2005 at 10:59 AM Reply With Quote

Hi Everybody.
Nice pictures Simon. With whom was she playing?

Sam, I've got to tell you, it is wonderful to have you bring us first hand news. In just about everything, fresh information is vital, and from an informational perspective you are in a very enviable position.
From the very first postings you made, you seemed too knowledgeable of the subject for a regular tennis enthusiast. Now I know why, you are what in my line of work we call "an insider". Just like in the movie "the insider", I don't know if you people remember it, Russell Crowe and Al Pacino starred in it, well, just like in that movie the same applies to the tennis world: "Warning: Exposing the Truth May Be Hazardous ". :)

I'm Glad Sam you told Vera about Nick, her biggest fan in the "world wide world" and the world wide web.

What did I tell you Guys!; Sam just confirmed it, Vera does read this forum; she's just too busy, and too shy to post her comments. So I'd Say, let's continue coaching Vera with our words of wisdom.

I'm sad Chanda Rubin is out of the tournament, she is, in my opinion, a very good player and very personable too; quite the contrast with the williams sisters.:)

Usually I would not be too afraid of Linetskaya, but on one hand and as we all know, these last days Vera's been playing a little strange (to say the least) and on the other, the very recent loss of Vera to Linetskaya in Pattaya, make me think twice about not taking any threat seriously.

Well, I hope we'll hear the good news soon: Vera has won her first match.

Vera Zvonareva: One word of advice: "Take it one step at a time".
Nick_chicane

posted on 15-2-2005 at 12:46 PM Reply With Quote

Robert, i know what you mean about being shy!! Im in that same boat and if she was there infront of me i really dont know whether i'd be able to approach her and say anything, i mean, i think shes gorgeous but also a massive fan too so it would be like meeting your idol or something, youd just stand there with your mouth hanging open trying to say words that made no sense at all!!:D I'd need time with her to be able to come out of my shell and speak my mind as i do on here, which unfortunately, you wouldnt have!!

The first time i read sams report i missed that bit where she says she does come on here!! I was in a rush this morning so read it pretty quick but at least now its confirmed for deffinite that she comes here so yeah, like you say david, were just gonna have to keep offering our advice now since we know for deffinite, theres a chance she might read it!!;) ohh, and keep up te good work sam, its not like you had to go out of your way to find her and for you to do that for us is unbelievably kind on your part and i for one would just like to say thank you very much mate!! Though David, i dont think he actually told her about me, i think he just mentioned all of us in general!! Though he is VERY welcome to mention me personally!!:D

Simon, thanks for the pics by the way!! It was a great way to re-open the message board!!;)

Oh, and good luck today Vera, cant forget that bit!!:D

sachalandkroon

Mood: Fine

posted on 15-2-2005 at 05:31 PM Reply With Quote

Sam, thanks for telling Michaela's mom that I am a fan of her. That's really nice man! She's just everything we (the Dutch tennislunatics) have waited for since Brenda Schultz-McCarthy stopped playing.

Simon, these pictures are really nice. I am going to study them carefully, to improve my feetwork for tennisclass. Indeed a nice way to celebrate our grand re-opening of the forum.

Nick, are you still shy after 673 (!!!) messages about the girl?:D Can't really believe that. Man you're her biggest criticaster, her biggest fan and her most active forummember! And still shy.....
No just kidding, as a matter of fact I would be shy too.:(
Especially now that I know she reads this.
But this is my big chance, so here it comes: VERA, I LOVE YOU!:P

There’s a somebody I’m longing to see
I hope that she turns out to be
Someone who’ll watch over me
I’m a little lamb who’s lost in the wood
I know I could always be good
If someone could just watch over me

Vera Zvonareva, quite possibly the biggest risk for people with a weak hart, but she's worth it!
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger
Nick_chicane

posted on 15-2-2005 at 06:36 PM Reply With Quote

Sacha, ohhh, i love you messages are soooooo not cool!!:D

But yeah, its very easy to critisise your favourite player when your sat behind a computer, i dont know whether i'd be willing to say it all to her face, she'd probably hit me with her raquet or take target practice at me with tennis balls!!:D

Nick_chicane

posted on 15-2-2005 at 07:36 PM Reply With Quote

Hey guys, have any of you seen this before? Its on another forum, Vera writes something and then a little way down the page Kuznetsova replies to what Vera wrote!! Im trying to find someone who speaks Russian to translate it for us!!

http://sharapova.fastbb.ru/re.pl?4-00000007-000-0-0-0-1094134953-0

Vera's is the 1st post and then somewhere near the bottom theres a post by Barowa which is Kuznetsova, or so im told anyway!! It would just be interesting to hear the translated version!!

Nick_chicane

posted on 15-2-2005 at 07:38 PM Reply With Quote

Vera has a break in the 1st set, she leads 4/2 now!!;)

Nick_chicane

posted on 15-2-2005 at 07:49 PM Reply With Quote

Vera has won the 1st set 6/3!! Good start Vera!!:D

Nick_chicane

posted on 15-2-2005 at 07:58 PM Reply With Quote

Vera has a break in the 2nd now!! She leads 3/0!! This is much, much better so far!!;)

Nick_chicane

posted on 15-2-2005 at 08:03 PM Reply With Quote

Vera has another break its 4/0 now!!

Nick_chicane

posted on 15-2-2005 at 08:13 PM Reply With Quote

Vera came through 6/3 6/1!! I followed the whole match on the scoreboard and really, she had little trouble at all, she didnt struggle through any of her service games, she just played a really solid match which is a great start to the week and surely a big confidence booster!!:D Well done Vera!!;)

Simon Meadows

posted on 15-2-2005 at 10:14 PM Reply With Quote

Yep. Solid start for Vera. Happy that she won in straight sets. Beltrame up next. All the best for that match.
Glad the pictures turned out well guys. Thanks for posting them Rod. When she was warming up, she was practising with her coach Lex Carington. The match was the unfortunate one against Douchevina(that's in the past now).
Sam, that is fantastic that you got to talk to her and mentioned the site. Great stuff ;)
As you say Nick, it's a matter of confidence now. If Vera can just get on a roll, it would help with her game no doubt
Nick_chicane

posted on 15-2-2005 at 11:54 PM Reply With Quote

I have translations for those 2 pieces of posts by Vera and Kuznetsova on the other forum!!

The post from Vera goes like this........Hello to everyone from Cincinnati, where I'm about to start training!!!! Thanks to everyone in the forum . Your Vera

The post from Kuznetsova, in response to Vera's post goes like this............Hi Vera, how are things? What's new? Good luck in Cincinnati, and I'll see you at the US Open. Kuzia

Quite cool that they used a message board to have a quick word with each other!!:D

Gorki
Colaborator

posted on 16-2-2005 at 12:39 AM Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by Sam

Sacha, I've talked to Michaela Kracijek's mother about 3 times. I told her that Michaela had a fan on Vera's site. She seemed pleased.

She has two fans, two !!! :P ;)

_"Please, Polly, don't mention the war !"
_"I'm sorry, he's from Barcelona."'
Sam

posted on 16-2-2005 at 05:03 AM Reply With Quote

Vera had a pretty easy win today. Her opponent was struggling thru the 1st set, and Vera didn't give her much of a look in the 2nd.

Vera was playing Michaella Krajicek's doubles partner, Michaela Pastikova, today. I was working a station where I stand right behind the players' chairs (where coaches, family & friends sit for the match ) on the left side during the match. These seats are across the court from the umpire's chair and where the players (who are playing) sit.

To see what I'm referring to, go to this link
http://www.rmkchampionships.com/
click on Tickets 2005 on the left side, near the bottom of the page click on Stadium Seating Chart. At the bottom of the chart, you'll see the entrance between sections C & D, and the words "Silver Boxes" split by the entrance. I stand behind the last row at the word "Silver". There are 7 chairs there for players to watch. Vera was sitting across the court on the left side.

Pastikova's coach, several Czech players and Michaella Krajicek and her mother were sitting there in front of me (they really should have taken the other side). While I applauded Vera's points, I didn't do any verbal cheering there :cool: -- one reason was Vera was doing fine without it, and the 2nd reason was I didn't want to irritate them since I was right behind them.

I didn't want to go thru the whole match without cheering, however, so at one changeover when Vera was on the right side of the court, I moved to the spot behind the players' chairs on the right side. When Vera got slightly irritated over a missed point (at something like 5-0 or 5-1 in the 2nd set, I don't remember when) I yelled out "Come onnn, Vera!" She got over it and went on to win (but I'm not taking credit :) ). Elena Veznina (Rus) and Varvara Lepchenko (I think) (Uzb) were sitting on the right side for a while. I showed Lex where the coaches seats were, but he sat somewhere else. You may know he has a habit of moving around so Vera can't look to him if she's frustrated.

When the players came on court at the start of the match, they enter right by me (thru Gate 2 at the center of the stadium). They were being held there until the TV cameras were ready for them, and as Vera approached I applauded a little bit. She looked at me and smiled -- just a little one, but a nice smile. You all know the one.

After her win, I followed her to her press meeting. When she was finished, I got another picture with her, and I took a separate picture of her for the site -- I told her you wouldn't want to be looking at me. She also signed my sweatshirt. I told her I liked her dress and that the yellow color worked well with her. She said "Thank you."

When I get home, which will probably be Sunday, I'll get the photos digitized and post one or two.

I also gave her a laminated copy of a cartoon, which I will scan and post also. You'll have to wait to see it to see what the point of that was. That's easier than explaining it.
Sam

posted on 16-2-2005 at 06:29 AM Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by David
you are what in my line of work we call "an insider".
...I'm sad Chanda Rubin is out of the tournament, she is, in my opinion, a very good player and very personable too; quite the contrast with the williams sisters.:)

You're right, David, Chanda is a very nice person (and a very good player). They reported that it is a continuing knee injury that is the problem. As for being an insider, unfortunately, I'm not "inside" enough. My badge won't let me into the players' lounge. :) But having a badge gets you a little more access to the players, at least in the sense that they know you're part of the tournament, and are maybe more comfortable speaking with you. Some anyway.

Quote:
Originally posted by sachalandkroon
Sam, thanks for telling Michaela's mom that I am a fan of her. That's really nice man! She's just everything we (the Dutch tennislunatics) have waited for since Brenda Schultz-McCarthy stopped playing.

Sacha and Gorki, I got a picture with Michaella today after her match. She had 2 big comebacks in her match, one in each set. She was down 2-4 in the 1st set before winning it, and I think she was down 0-3 in the 2nd before coming back to win. I will tell her mother she has 2 fans on this site! :)

Quote:
Originally posted by Nick_chicane
keep up te good work sam, its not like you had to go out of your way to find her and for you to do that for us is unbelievably kind on your part and i for one would just like to say thank you very much mate!!

Actually, I was going out of my way to find her so I could get my picture with her and say hello to her :) :) :). And an autograph.
But mentioning the site was another thing for me to talk to her about; plus I'm glad to do it, it's a great site for Vera.

She told me today that she hadn't decided about going to San Diego this year, and I told her "You must! I'm going to be there so you must go!" Tomorrow I'm going to remind her that she has a lot of points to defend there. But I'll wait until after her match.

She plays Severine Beltrame at (not before) 1:00pm. Beltrame is a pretty spunky player (and let me add, maybe the best-looking French player), who is ranked #108 and is 0-1 against Vera. If Vera can start off well, and not get distracted by lost points, she should have no trouble imo.

GO BEPA!!!
robert

posted on 16-2-2005 at 06:54 AM Reply With Quote

Well done, Vera. A good start into the tournament!

I have to say it again: You´re soooooo lucky, Sam! Enjoy this tournament! And keep cheering for Vera when she needs it! Interesting to hear, that her coach moves around, so that she can´t give him angry looks.

Sacha, about being shy: One can be just shy to approach someone who he´s a fan of or shy in general. And in the 2nd case the first situation would be even harder!

Good luck against Beltrame today, Vera!
Nick_chicane

posted on 16-2-2005 at 07:42 AM Reply With Quote

Sam thats cool, we'll look forward to the pics, you 2 are gonna end up best friends at this rate, you seem to be seeing alot of each other!!:D Its nice though that she remembered you when she came out onto the court at the start, i imagine alot of players just instantly forget a face once theyve gone simply because of the amount of people they must meet in a day so for her to remember you is a nice touch on her part!! If you do see her again, would you ask her if she'd come post a message to us all!! Its doesnt have to be anytime soon, just when she has time and can get access to the internet, we'd really love it if she just said hi!!;) Obviously, if she cant, then thats not a problem either but would you ask her for us anyway please?:D Oh, and tell her about me!!! lol........I dont ask much, do i!!!:P

Nick_chicane

posted on 16-2-2005 at 08:46 PM Reply With Quote

This one isnt going quite as well as yesterdays!! Vera broke to go 4/1 up but then Beltrame broke back to level it at 4/4!!

Its now 5/5!! This is a tough match!!

Ohh, we've gone to a tie-break!! Just hope and pray now!!

Fantastic, Vera won the 1st set tie-break 7-0!!! 1st set Vera's!!

Vera has a break in the 2nd set now!! This is starting to look good!!:)

Nick_chicane

posted on 16-2-2005 at 09:00 PM Reply With Quote

Vera's won 7/6 6/3!!:D It certainly wasnt as easy as yesterday, she seemed to strugge abit but all that matters really is that she won and that will help to boost the confidence a little more and were now another step closer to her retaining her title!! :) Well done Vera!!

Simon Meadows

posted on 16-2-2005 at 10:12 PM Reply With Quote

Phew. A bit closer than I thought it might have been, but she's through. Every win helps. Keep it going Vera. Good luck for your next match
paul

posted on 16-2-2005 at 11:39 PM Reply With Quote

(and let me add, maybe the best-looking French player)quote -posted by Sam,-just had a look at Her pic ,She is pretty isn't She? Jealous of Your one on one contact with Vera! keep Her winning!
Nick_chicane

posted on 16-2-2005 at 11:50 PM Reply With Quote

Yep, looking forward to Sam's daily report!! Hope theres something interesting again for him to tell us!!:D Like Vera's decided she wants to fly us all over to meet her!! I dont know what my answer would be to that, i'd have to think about it i think!!:D

Simon Meadows

posted on 17-2-2005 at 12:43 AM Reply With Quote

Hmmm! Tough decision that Nick. I wonder which way you'll go? :D
Simon Meadows

posted on 17-2-2005 at 12:57 AM Reply With Quote

Vera will play Katerina Bondarenko next. She has had some reasonable results lately so keep on your gaurd Vera. looks from the stats that she has a decent serve. Good luck Vera;)
robert

posted on 17-2-2005 at 06:24 AM Reply With Quote

So it was a bit harder than the first round match. But 7:0 in the tiebreak! Shows her strong will and her strong nerves.

Bondarenko has a bit of a run lately. Even if she´s just ranked #300 and something, it seems that she could be a hard opponent. So keep your fingers crossed, guys.
 Pages:  1  2  3  4
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top