Vera Zvonareva Forum - Russian Tennis Player - Two WTA titles holder - Go BEPA! Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Roland Garros
sachalandkroon

Mood: Fine

posted on 27-5-2005 at 07:57 AM Reply With Quote

Good luck! May we know what 'a little something' is?;) I shouldn't dare to put some money on her, her games a more that enough nervebreaking for me at the moment. But I think you are right, Mary Pierce is not such a good player in my opinion.

Theres a somebody Im longing to see
I hope that she turns out to be
Someone wholl watch over me
Im a little lamb whos lost in the wood
I know I could always be good
If someone could just watch over me

Vera Zvonareva, quite possibly the biggest risk for people with a weak hart, but she's worth it!
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger
cali

posted on 27-5-2005 at 10:41 AM Reply With Quote

We can't blame the odds makers for favoring Mary Pierce. She's a former champ who's been playing well in the tournament and would be heavily favored by the French crowd the moment she steps in Centre Court. They don't or fail to recognize that Vera was in the semis in Rome. What they remember are her early exits and her fits when things don't go her way. BUT like you guys, I think Vera's present form is sufficient to defeat Mary Pierce.

Prove us right Vera!

Davai Vera! :)
Nick_chicane

posted on 27-5-2005 at 11:38 AM Reply With Quote

I think Vera plays better tennis when she does have the whole crowd against her, look at her match with Schiavone in Rome!! The crowd were totally behind her but Vera still came out on top!! Thats one of the reasons why i did choose to back her!! And how much i put on? Not alot!! lol.....I dont disclose that info anyway!! :D

Vera,if your reading this,say hi to us guys! We'd really love to hear from you!
Vera Zvonareva,quite possibly the most beautiful girl in the world!!
Gorki
Colaborator

posted on 27-5-2005 at 02:25 PM Reply With Quote

Grrrr, if the match Nadal-Gasquet isn't over in 1h30 minutes, French television won't show any minute of Vera's game... :mad:

Come on Nadal, kick him ! :P ;)

_"Please, Polly, don't mention the war !"
_"I'm sorry, he's from Barcelona."'
Gorki
Colaborator

posted on 27-5-2005 at 04:59 PM Reply With Quote

Pierce won the first set 7/6 (2), and she leads now *2/0

But what a mess, gosh... Vera lead 5/3 I think, and she let Pierce coming back at 5/5.

Same kind of play from the two players I would say: big strokes, sometimes "in" and most of the time "out" or in the net.

But she should really chang something about her attitude... She lead 2/1 in the tie-break. At 2/3, Pierce made a beautiful dropshot. Vera hitted then the ball to the spectators, nearly crying and shouting at her coach... and then shouting at the ballboys...

And, as you know, the audience in Roland Garros is not the most "fair-play" audience in the world... so you can imagine that Vera is going to have a hard time in the 2nd set!

All in all, and even if I certainly hope that she'll win the 2nd and 3rd set, I think that something has really to change...

I mean, if this goes on and on, I don't think she will ever do better than the 7th or 8th spot in WTA ranking, and not further than sometimes reaching a 1/4 th finals at the Grand Slams...

It would be a shame not achieving to really improve... becasue there's a lot of room for improvement in her game.

_"Please, Polly, don't mention the war !"
_"I'm sorry, he's from Barcelona."'
Damo

posted on 27-5-2005 at 05:50 PM Reply With Quote
Poor Thing!1

Oh-well , she went done... crowd was abit tough on her,and a couple of crap calls , was abit harsh for her i think... she can and will do much better in the future!! :)
cali

posted on 27-5-2005 at 05:51 PM Reply With Quote

I'm so disappointed with this loss! Vera was leading in the first set 5-3 then a contested line call(?) destroyed her focus on the game. :(
sachalandkroon

posted on 27-5-2005 at 06:00 PM Reply With Quote

It is sad, I think it just wasn't her lucky day today. Leading 4-1 in the first set, allowing Pierce to come back to 6-6, losing the tiebreak in a kind of stupid way, the crowd all against her and a couple of crap calls. I think that 's just too much negativity surrounding Vera. From what I saw it was a very tight match and if she only had won that first set, it would all have turned out totally different, but she didn't play bad at all. And Venus is out too, just like Andy Roddick, it can happen to anyone.

Nick, you just lost your money man, I feel sorry for you.:(
The bookmakers were right this time...

Vera Zvonareva, quite possibly the biggest risk for people with a weak hart, but she's worth it!
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger
cali

posted on 28-5-2005 at 01:42 PM Reply With Quote

Welcome aboard Damo!

Vera and Lena will be up against Castao and Fedak today at Court 16. Goodluck girls!

:)
Nick_chicane

posted on 28-5-2005 at 02:13 PM Reply With Quote

Yeah, disappointing!! I think my money was safe till she decided to self destruct!! When leading 5/3 in the 1st set, you really should close it out and she was playing so well up to then as well!! Then to make such a mess of it all after that really is a big disappointment!! Whens she gonna learn to control herself better? :(

cali

posted on 28-5-2005 at 03:53 PM Reply With Quote

Vera and Lena won: 6-1, 6-4. Their next opponents are Asagoe and Srebotnik.

Right Nick, Vera should have let that questionable call pass then closed that set. She needs to learn to control herself really fast. Hopefully, her doubles matches can help improve her confidence and composure in time for the coming grass season.

Go Vera! :)
Nick_chicane

posted on 29-5-2005 at 09:11 AM Reply With Quote

Do any of you guys have any inside information on whether shes decided to play Eastbourne yet? Ive been checking back on the Eastbourne site everyday and so far, theres nothing on there!! I guess i should be directig this question towards sam since he seems to find out everything!! :D

But if anyone else has anything to offer, feel free to say!!

andrewbroad

posted on 29-5-2005 at 12:01 PM Reply With Quote

Bepa is playing Eastbourne according to the May 23 edition of the WTA's Notes and Netcords.

--
Dr. Andrew Broad
http://www.geocities.com/andrewbroad/
http://www.geocities.com/andrewbroad/tennis/
http://www.geocities.com/andrewbroad/tennis/zvona/

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/verazvonareva/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jeldani/
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member andrewbroad's Yahoo
robert

posted on 30-5-2005 at 06:26 AM Reply With Quote

At last Im back again after some days off to comment here: Of course Im disappointed about Veras loss, but I dont think that she played bad and even if her attitude caused the loss of the first set (the re-break and the lost tiebreak) I think she was able to at least handle it way better then she did some time ago, cause she never gave up the fight against Pierce and the crowd and got focused again soon, but its also clear that even 4 points or so can decide about a set and maybe a match as they did this time. I agree that its not really necessary to shout at the ballboys or the audience. I was able to see the first set but after the tiebreak Eurosport chose to show the Karatantcheva-Williams match. :(The fact that Pierce also won against Schnyder, whos not playing bad at all at the moment shows that Pierce plays pretty well here. So good luck in the doubles, Vera, now that you can fully concentrate on them.
cali

posted on 30-5-2005 at 02:16 PM Reply With Quote

It's too bad that Vera and Lena lost against Asagoe and Srebotnik: 2-6, 4-6. :( Anyway, good luck on your next tourney Vera and to Lena too on her QF game against Sesil.

Go Vera :cool:
Nick_chicane

posted on 31-5-2005 at 06:15 AM Reply With Quote

Yeah, but by the looks of the scoreboard, they didnt deserve to win either!! They didnt seem to play too well really!! I would have thought Likhovtseva's mind would have been on her 1/4 final today so she really wouldnt have wanted to have been playing a long match so really, im not surprised they lost!! It just gives Vera abit more time now to prepare for Eastbourne!!

robert

posted on 1-6-2005 at 05:21 AM Reply With Quote

Pierce also defeated Davenport, so compared to how Davenport played against Pierce I think Vera did pretty well.
sachalandkroon

posted on 1-6-2005 at 11:34 AM Reply With Quote

That's a nice statement Robert. I agree.

andrewbroad

posted on 2-6-2005 at 01:14 AM Reply With Quote
ITF World Champions' Dinner

There's a stunning off-court photo of Bepa at Getty Images (search for "zvonareva").

Bepa doesn't play the glamour-game very often, so seeing a photo like this gave me goosebumps - she scrubs up very nicely when she chooses to! :o

--
Dr. Andrew Broad
http://www.geocities.com/andrewbroad/
http://www.geocities.com/andrewbroad/tennis/
http://www.geocities.com/andrewbroad/tennis/zvona/

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/verazvonareva/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jeldani/
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member andrewbroad's Yahoo
Simon Meadows

posted on 2-6-2005 at 05:51 AM Reply With Quote

Just saw that Photo of Vera. I'm assuming it's the one with Nastya and Lena. She looks amazing. Good to see that smile of hers.
Bad luck that she ran into Mary Pierce, but it probably was a bit of an opportunity lost. Oh well, I hope she can go far at Eastbourne and Wimbledon. Will be interested to see if she can raise her volleying game as I think she is capable of doing well if she can be more aggressive and get her serve in order as that cost her against Mary.
All the best Vera ;)
Nick_chicane

posted on 2-6-2005 at 06:37 AM Reply With Quote

Due to work commitments, i wont be able to make Eastbourne now guys which suxs!! But it looks like i maybe able to get to Wimbledon instead, i think i may have managed to get myself some tickets!! :D

If so, i will be able to get some fantastic pics!! I'll keep you all informed to what happens!!

sachalandkroon

posted on 2-6-2005 at 05:45 PM Reply With Quote

It looks like I can't make it to the Ordina-->Exams.:(
And more bad news: my trainer came back without Vera's autograph. He couldn't even get near her or near the centrecourt(s), he said. I believe he had cheap tickets or something...
And guess what he said, "I had to look at a picture of her first, 'cause I couldn't really remember what she looked like". Can you believe it, he's a tennistrainer for God's sake!

robert

posted on 3-6-2005 at 06:13 AM Reply With Quote

I agree, she looks great on that photo. (but to be honest: to me she looks great on nearly every pic even without playing the glamour-girl)

Now thats not compensation, Nick. Wimbledon instead of Eastbourne doesnt sound bad, hope youll be able to get there.

What a bummer, Sacha! No autograph and he didnt even get near her and doesnt know her by looks! Tsk,tsk ! (how can anyone forget that face?)
 Pages:  1  2
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top