Vera Zvonareva Forum - Russian Tennis Player - Two WTA titles holder - Go BEPA! Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Roland Garros
Sam

smile.gif posted on 19-5-2005 at 02:22 PM Reply With Quote
Roland Garros

The main draw is not out yet, but the qualies are in progress. A couple surprises!

Robert, Yvonne Meusburger took out Cara Black in 3 sets in the 1R of the qualifiers.

Chanda Rubin also lost in the 1R to Bethanie Mattek.

And Sacha, Michaella Krajicek just won her 2R qualifier against Vanessa Henke. (That's not one of the surprises).
sachalandkroon

Mood: Fine

posted on 19-5-2005 at 04:40 PM Reply With Quote

No, that's no surprise. One more round to go, isn't it?
But guess what, I sent someone to Paris to get me Vera's autograph. Yes, I know you already have one Sam. My trainer Joep is going to Roland Garros, the sportscenter pays his whole trip (the lucky bastard) and I asked him to get me (if possible) Vera's autograph. Hope he will be able to talk to her. Would be great.

There’s a somebody I’m longing to see
I hope that she turns out to be
Someone who’ll watch over me
I’m a little lamb who’s lost in the wood
I know I could always be good
If someone could just watch over me

Vera Zvonareva, quite possibly the biggest risk for people with a weak hart, but she's worth it!
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger
Sam

posted on 19-5-2005 at 06:17 PM Reply With Quote

Your trainer, Sacha? What does he train you for? Why didn't you have him hire you to carry his luggage on the trip and to run other errands? ;)

Vera is quite friendly; he shouldn't have a problem talking to her if he sees her, as long as she's not on her way to a match.

Here in the US the French Open is going to be televised on ESPN2 and ESPN Classic. Now this is idiotic. ESPN Classic is an extra pay channel around where I am. I called ESPN to complain, and they told me that they could get more hours of coverage by broadcasting on their Classic channel (which normally is used to show past 'classic' tennis matches and other past events, and sports biographies). I told him that for me it means I only get to see half of the broadcasts. :o
Not pleased at all.

Michaella will play Henrieta Nagyova in the 3R for a spot in the main draw.
andrewbroad

posted on 19-5-2005 at 10:11 PM Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by Sam
Vera is quite friendly; he shouldn't have a problem talking to her if he sees her, as long as she's not on her way to a match.

Or fleeing after a loss - hopefully not! ;)

--
Dr. Andrew Broad
http://www.geocities.com/andrewbroad/
http://www.geocities.com/andrewbroad/tennis/
http://www.geocities.com/andrewbroad/tennis/zvona/

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/verazvonareva/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jeldani/
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member andrewbroad's Yahoo
sachalandkroon

posted on 20-5-2005 at 07:26 AM Reply With Quote

Quote:
Origineel gepost door Sam
Your trainer, Sacha? What does he train you for? Why didn't you have him hire you to carry his luggage on the trip and to run other errands? ;)

Sam, my friend, he's training me to participate in the next edition of Wimbledon. No, he's one of the tennisteachers/-trainers at the university sportscentre. At the moment I am in his group, but I've had four different trainers since last year November. That changes once in a while.
He's a young guy, handsome type (that can have some possitive influence on getting to talk to Vera) and a very good player, compared to me, not to Vera.
I don't think it is possible for me to carry his luggage, because I have some exams at that moment. I wanted to go to the Ordina Open (indeed Rosmalen) but in that week I have two exams. You can imagine that I was not very happy (undersatement) when I heard that.:(
The positive part is that I don't think Vera plays there, but I wanted to see Dementieva and Michaella and Alicia Molik.

Vera Zvonareva, quite possibly the biggest risk for people with a weak hart, but she's worth it!
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger
robert

posted on 20-5-2005 at 09:11 AM Reply With Quote

I saw that Meusburger won her first qualifying match. I think she has good chances to reach the main draw.

I´ll keep my fingers crossed for your trainer, Sacha, that he´ll be able to talk to Vera and get an autograph.
cali

posted on 20-5-2005 at 01:03 PM Reply With Quote

1-Lindsay Davenport (E-U)-Katarina Srebotnik (Slo)
Mailyne Andrieux (Fra)-Shuai Peng (Chi)
Tatiana Panova (Rus)-Qualifiée
Virginie Razzano (Fra)-25-Dinara Safina (Rus)
20-Daniela Hantuchova (Slovaquie)-Qualifiée
Denisa Chladkova (Tch)-Catalina Castano (Col)
Ludmila Cervanova (Slovaquie)-Aiko Nakamura (Jap)
Qualifiée-14-Kim Clijsters (Bel)

9-Vera Zvonareva (Rus)-Qualifiée :)
Qualifiée-Maria Kirilenko (Rus)
Jelena Kostanic (Cro)-Tamarine Tanasugarn (Tha)
Vera Douchevina (Rus)-21-Mary Pierce (Fra)
32-Flavia Pennetta (Ita)-Jill Craybas (E-U)
Marta Domachowska (Pol)-Stéphanie Cohen-Aloro (Fra)
Qualifiée-Qualifiée
Yoon Jeong Cho (Cor-S)-8-Patty Schnyder (Sui)

4-Elena Dementieva (Rus)-Barbora Strycova (Tch)
Sanda Mamic (Cro)-Lisa Raymond (E-U)
Akiko Morigami (Jap)-Angela Haynes (E-U)
Maria Elena Camerin (Ita)-31-Karolina Sprem (Cro)
18-Silvia Farina Elia (Ita)-Anne Kremer (Lux)
Shenay Perry (E-U)-Arantxa Parra Santonja (Esp)
Sophie Ferguson (Aus)-Mariana Diaz-Oliva (Arg)
Yuliana Fedak (Ukr)-16-Elena Likhovtseva (Rus)

11-Venus Williams (E-U)-Marta Marrero (Esp)
Fabiola Zuluaga (Col)-Qualifiée
Alyona Bondarenko (Ukr)-Sesil Karatantcheva (Bul)
Julia Schruff (All)-19-Shinobu Asagoe (Jap)
27-Amy Frazier (E-U)-Meghann Shaughnessy (E-U)
Emilie Loit (Fra)-Claudine Schaul (Lux)
Tatiana Perebiynis (Ukr)-Emmanuelle Gagliardi (Sui)
Maria Sanchez Lorenzo (Esp)-5-Anastasia Myskina (Rus)

7-Nadia Petrova (Rus)-Mashona Washington (E-U)
Abigail Spears (E-U)-Séverine Beltrame (Fra)
Kveta Peschke (Tch)-Dally Randriantefy (Mad)
Shahar Peer (Isr)-28-Marion Bartoli (Fra)
17-Tatiana Golovin (Fra)-Lilia Osterloh (E-U)
Antonella Serra Zanetti (Ita)-Marlene Weingartner (All)
Martina Sucha (Slq)-Tathiana Garbin (Ita)
Maria Vento-kabchi (Ven)-12-Elena Bovina (Rus)

15-Jelena Jankovic (Scg)-Anna Smashnova (Isr)
Roberta Vinci (Ita)-Anna-Lena Groenefeld (All)
Qualifiée-Nicole Vaidisova (Tch)
Jie Zheng (Chi)-22-Francesca Schiavone (Ita)
29-Ana Ivanovic (Scg)-Stéphanie Foretz (Fra)
Iveta Benesova (Tch)-Pauline Parmentier (Fra)
Alina Jidkova (Rus)-Alizé Cornet (Fra)
Evie Dominikovic (Aus)-3-Amélie Mauresmo (Fra)

6-Svetlana Kuznetsova (Rus)-Mathilde Johansson (Fra)
Qualifiée-Eleni Daniilidou (Gre)
Marissa Irvin (E-U)-Nicole Pratt (Aus)
Sania Mirza (Ind)-30-Gisela Dulko (Arg)
24-Magdalena Maleeva (Bul)-Rika Fujiwara (Jap)
Qualifiée-Anabel Medina Garrigues (Esp)
Virginia Ruano Pascual (Esp)-Qualifiée
Conchita Martinez (Esp)-10-Justine Henin-Hardenne (Bel)

13-Nathalie Dechy (Fra)-Michaela Pastikova (Tch)
Silvija Talaja (Cro)-Samantha Stosur (Aus)
Youlia Fedossova (Fra)-Kristina Brandi (P-R)
Nuria Llagostera Vives (Esp)-23-Ai Sugiyama (Jap)
26-Paola Suarez (Arg)-Anna Chakvetadze (Rus)
Qualifiée-Klara Koukalova (Tch)
Camille Pin (Fra)-Aravane Rezai (Fra)
Evguénia Linetskaya (Rus)-2-Maria Charapova (Rus)
cali

posted on 20-5-2005 at 01:15 PM Reply With Quote

Hi guys! I've decided to post the entire RG draw. If Vera continues her Rome form I think she can beat Masha K and get her revenge on Vera D. An upbeat Patty Schyder may pose a problem but I reckon Vera can handle her. It's too bad though that Vera and Masha K might play each other as early as the 2nd Round because I like them both...

I was able to get Vera's and Nastya's autographs after their doubles match at AO. I hope your trainer gets you Vera's autograph (and great pictures too) sacha! :)

Go Vera!
Nick_chicane

posted on 20-5-2005 at 04:31 PM Reply With Quote

Im pleased with that draw!! I would have thought Vera will be too cause theres deffinitely room to advance deep into the tournament if she brings her Rome form where she played very well!! :)

Vera,if your reading this,say hi to us guys! We'd really love to hear from you!
Vera Zvonareva,quite possibly the most beautiful girl in the world!!
Sam

posted on 21-5-2005 at 04:40 PM Reply With Quote

Bad news, Robert! Vera plays Yvonne Meusburger in the first round.

Michaella Krajicek made it thru to play Dani in the 1R.

Is Alicia Molik off with an injury? She hasn't played the last few tournaments. I must have missed something.

Sacha, does this mean we'll see you playing at Wimbledon this year? Or is it next year?

GO BEPA!
Simon Meadows

posted on 21-5-2005 at 11:59 PM Reply With Quote

Not a bad draw for Vera. The best of luck for the tournament to you Vera.
Sam, on Alicia Molik, she has not fully recovered from a throat virus that has kept her out of the last few tournaments. That is why she is also missing from the French Open
Sam

posted on 22-5-2005 at 05:20 AM Reply With Quote

Sorry to hear of Alicia's illness. I wondered why she wasn't in the draw. Thanks for the info, Simon. I hope she recovers in time for Wimbledon. I just watched her match again against Lindsay Davenport at the AO; it was a fine effort.

Big points at stake at Roland-Garros. Myskina is defending 1086 pts, Dementieva 842 pts, Capriati (who is not playing) 542 pts, Venus 274. This gives the possibility of a big reshuffling of the bottom 11 of the top 15, with Jennifer dropping to about #27.

As mentioned elsewhere, Vera is defending 80 pts. This is the time to pick it up, Vera! Keep that momentum going!
GO BEPA!!
cali

posted on 22-5-2005 at 06:06 AM Reply With Quote

So Vera has a good chance of moving up the rankings provided that she performs well. BTW, I noticed from another message board that people are really so upbeat with Patty. Her recent run seems to overshadow the fact that Vera has a winning H2H record on clay. Anyway, the Fourth Round is stil too far for me/us to worry about. Meantime, I'd like a good win by Vera over Meusberger. I wanted to say a convincing win but I didn't want to butt heads with Robert.;) While at it, I'm also rooting for Danka against Misa but their respective clay court season records show that Misa has the advantage.

Go Vera! :)
cali

smile.gif posted on 22-5-2005 at 04:12 PM Reply With Quote
23rd May match

The Vera - Yvonne match will be at Court 6. It is the fourth match for the day so it might start at 4:00 maybe...

Davai Vera! :)
Gorki
Colaborator

posted on 22-5-2005 at 06:35 PM Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by Sam

Here in the US the French Open is going to be televised on ESPN2 and ESPN Classic. Now this is idiotic. ESPN Classic is an extra pay channel around where I am. I called ESPN to complain, and they told me that they could get more hours of coverage by broadcasting on their Classic channel (which normally is used to show past 'classic' tennis matches and other past events, and sports biographies). I told him that for me it means I only get to see half of the broadcasts. :o
Not pleased at all.

Nothing to do with Vera, but as you talk about ESPN I wanted to ask you : do you know if MaliVai Washington is still a commentator on ESPN ? If yes, does he do his job all right ?

_"Please, Polly, don't mention the war !"
_"I'm sorry, he's from Barcelona."'
Sam

posted on 22-5-2005 at 11:30 PM Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by Gorki
do you know if MaliVai Washington is still a commentator on ESPN ? If yes, does he do his job all right ?

Yes he's still there. He's not usually doing the match commentating though; they usually have him going thru the stadium, doing short (2-3 minute) interviews with coaches or retired players or other celebrities at changeovers. Not a lot of substance, usually. I guess it's supposed to add color or fan interest with a quasi-inside look at the player's fitness, chances, or strategy. He does that well enough, I guess, tho' it doesn't seem too demanding.

It is more substantial than the stupid assignments HBO (I think it was, or maybe that was ESPN) gave Anna Kournikova, when they had her take the camera inside the players' lounge, to check out what amusements were available during their wait times. That dismal experiment was a really deficient use of Anna's talent; I think she could have given an interesting commentary on some of the ongoing matches, and probably with much more coherence than some commentators I've seen.

Here is an interview with Mal:
http://espnradio.espn.go.com/tennis/french00/s/washington/q&a.html

btw, it turns out my cable provider -- Mediacom -- doesn't offer ESPN Classic in any of their packages.
robert

posted on 23-5-2005 at 05:39 AM Reply With Quote

Thanks, cali!
I think the draw is ok for Vera, it could have been better and it could have been worse. Of course Vera should be able to beat Meusburger easily, but when I think back to how Meusburger played in the last fed-cup-matches I guess that Yvonne might be able to give her a hard time if she has a good day.
Kirilenko should be noone to worry alot for Vera,
Pierce would be a lot harder to play against already and Schnyder would be a real hard challenge, even if Vera has a good H2H against her.

So first things first: I hope that Vera will get a good start into the tournament today (inspite of the fact that you´re playing an Austrian opponent)
sachalandkroon

posted on 23-5-2005 at 06:40 AM Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by Sam
Sacha, does this mean we'll see you playing at Wimbledon this year? Or is it next year?

Sam, I think that when they let me train for fifty years, I still can't make it to Wimbledon. I wouldn't even survive the qualificationround for a challenger, but anyway tennis is fun to do and a good thing to forget all the stress in life. And that's all that matters.
Hope it all turns out well for Vera today, but I don't think I can watch the match, we'll probably see the Giro d'Italia, which is very exciting too. (Really!)
Michaella play's at 11.00 so I think I am going to watch that one.

Gorki
Colaborator

posted on 23-5-2005 at 02:46 PM Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by Sam
Quote:
Originally posted by Gorki
do you know if MaliVai Washington is still a commentator on ESPN ? If yes, does he do his job all right ?

Yes he's still there. He's not usually doing the match commentating though; they usually have him going thru the stadium, doing short (2-3 minute) interviews with coaches or retired players or other celebrities at changeovers. Not a lot of substance, usually. I guess it's supposed to add color or fan interest with a quasi-inside look at the player's fitness, chances, or strategy. He does that well enough, I guess, tho' it doesn't seem too demanding.

It is more substantial than the stupid assignments HBO (I think it was, or maybe that was ESPN) gave Anna Kournikova, when they had her take the camera inside the players' lounge, to check out what amusements were available during their wait times. That dismal experiment was a really deficient use of Anna's talent; I think she could have given an interesting commentary on some of the ongoing matches, and probably with much more coherence than some commentators I've seen.

Here is an interview with Mal:
http://espnradio.espn.go.com/tennis/french00/s/washington/q&a.html

btw, it turns out my cable provider -- Mediacom -- doesn't offer ESPN Classic in any of their packages.

Waw, that's more than what I expected! Thank you very much! :)

Sam

posted on 23-5-2005 at 03:02 PM Reply With Quote

A terrible loss for Myskina 4-6, 6-4, 0-6. :( A dispirited match by her against Maria Sanchez Lorenzo.

[According to ESPN commentator Cliff Drysdale, Nastya has split with her father.] Well, that was wrong. I didn't listen closely enough to what he said. I replayed those remarks, and some later remarks that I'd missed. When he said that, he was referring to arguments she'd had with her father much earlier in her career. What they said that I missed is that Myskina's mother is seriously ill, and she has asked the press not to go into that.

Maria, who generally seems short on confidence when I see her play, who just upset the reigning champion, did not express much more than a smile at the end of the match. I'm sure she wasn't expecting the win, but she did her part to win it.

Gorki, do you know MaliVai?

Another 20 minutes or about another hour before Vera's match, depending what happens in this set in the Nalbandian match. GO BEPA!!
Sam

smile.gif posted on 23-5-2005 at 05:44 PM Reply With Quote

A comfortable win for Vera, 6-3, 6-1, in 33 minutes. I didn't get to follow the entire match, but no double faults.

Next up is Eva Birnerova. Unfortunately, Little Maria lost her match in 3 sets.

GO BEPA!!!
cali

smile.gif posted on 23-5-2005 at 05:52 PM Reply With Quote
Vera won!

Vera won 6-3, 6-1. Not bad for a first round match. She had a nice net approach ratio of 11/16, which for me is a sign of aggressive play. 'also 25 winners and no DFs! She only got two aces though (Danka had 8). The only weird thing I noticed while following the match stats online was Vera's serves which went to as high as 173 kph to a low of 98 kph. I remember that her serves at AO seemed to be more powerful (or may be I'm just too awestrucked by her presence). BTW, Vera is again teaming up with Lena L in the doubles and their first match will be against Janet Lee/Shuai Peng.

Good luck against Birnerova Vera! Please avenge Lil Masha's defeat. ;)

Davai Vera!
Nick_chicane

posted on 23-5-2005 at 06:05 PM Reply With Quote

Yeah great stuff!! Its good to get off to a comfortable start and i have to say, its good that Kirilenko went out, i think alot of the Russians raise their game alot when their playing a fellow Russian so that would have made it a tougher 2nd round match so the way its worked out is deffinitely the best for Vera!! :)

Also, pleased to see shes playing with Likhovtseva again in doubles!! Their having great success at the moment and its helped to get Vera's form back as well!!

sachalandkroon

posted on 23-5-2005 at 06:16 PM Reply With Quote

33 minutes, that seems like a very easy win.
I am really sorry for Myskina, it's really sad when you are the defending champions and you lose to someone who almost never reaches the second or third round, a beautiful girl by the way (miss Sanchez-Lorenzo).
I think there's something going on with Myskina, but I am glad Vera recovered from her bad period and she seems to be as good as last year again.

Gorki
Colaborator

posted on 23-5-2005 at 06:55 PM Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by Sam
A terrible loss for Myskina 4-6, 6-4, 0-6. :( A dispirited match by her against Maria Sanchez Lorenzo.

[According to ESPN commentator Cliff Drysdale, Nastya has split with her father.] Well, that was wrong. I didn't listen closely enough to what he said. I replayed those remarks, and some later remarks that I'd missed. When he said that, he was referring to arguments she'd had with her father much earlier in her career. What they said that I missed is that Myskina's mother is seriously ill, and she has asked the press not to go into that.

Gorki, do you know MaliVai?

Though, Myskina had a good start, but she let Sanchez-Lorenzo come back...
But yeah, that's not important compared to those family issues of course... :(

About Mal Washington: well, he was my favourite player ! :cool:
And, except of course for our Belgian guys, I never had the same "excitement" for another player after MaliVai retired... He was a good player and seemed to be a very nice guy.

I once sent a mail to his internet site, and he answered me personnallly, which I thought was very kind of him. :)

I also followed (and I still do) of course the results of Mashiska and Mashona as well! ;)

Simon Meadows

posted on 23-5-2005 at 10:31 PM Reply With Quote

Great start for Vera. That is a positive. Nick, I agree that it is better for Vera that it is not Kirilenko as the lower ranked Russians always play like they have a point to prove against their higher ranked compatriots. Good luck against Birnerova Vera. All the best
robert

posted on 24-5-2005 at 05:28 AM Reply With Quote

Well, that was a good start into the tournament for Vera. So I was right when I said that Meusburger could be able to give her a hard time, but just in the beginning until 3:3 then Vera took control. Meusburger said afterwards, that she has been able to learn a lot from that match. I´m a bit worried about so many UEs, but I hope that will get better. It´s good for Vera that little Maria lost, but of course no match should be underestimated. It´s great to see Vera and Elena teaming again here. They´re seeded #4.
Sam

smile.gif posted on 24-5-2005 at 05:24 PM Reply With Quote

Vera's match against Birnerova is the 2nd match on Court 7, after Nalbandian vs Berdych. They have not met before.

GO BEPA!!!
sachalandkroon

posted on 25-5-2005 at 11:26 AM Reply With Quote

AAAH, 'nice' start; ten (10!!) unforced errors in two games.
Well, doesn't tell anything yet, I hope.

sachalandkroon

posted on 25-5-2005 at 12:38 PM Reply With Quote

Second set: 6-3 for Vera, pffew, I am close to a nervous breakdown.

cali

posted on 25-5-2005 at 01:05 PM Reply With Quote

Vera won: 4-6, 6-3, 6-0. She made 5 aces but also committed 9 double faults and 45 unforced errors. She made 23 winners too. It seems that Birnerova had Vera on the defensive since Vera only 6 net approaches which she all converted.

I hope Vera wins against Mary Pierce. She'll have to deal with the French crowd in this match though.

Davai Vera :)
sachalandkroon

posted on 25-5-2005 at 01:27 PM Reply With Quote

Wow, what a relief, I seemed to be a very tight match, but the last set was a quick one. Hooray for Vera, I want a statue for her. Great how she overcame this nonsense-start (4-0 after a few minutes). While watching the scoreboard I thought about something; it took her 85 minutes to get in the lead for the first time. From minute one she was behind. I think this was a good match to learn how you should not start.

Simon Meadows

posted on 25-5-2005 at 01:32 PM Reply With Quote

OK,while it might not have been convincing, she wonand that is the important thing. She will really have to step up another level against Mary Pierce. Well done for today Vera and good luck for the next round
Sam

posted on 25-5-2005 at 04:12 PM Reply With Quote

Those stats are scary! 47% first serves in for the match, winning 69% of those. 42% winning on 2nd serve. 9 double faults and 45 unforced errors against 23 winners! The 5 aces helped, no doubt. The outstanding stat is 6 out of 6 on net approaches. Great recovery, Vera.

But she will need to clean it up a lot against Mary Pierce. Especially that 1st serve %age, though the 69% winning is pretty good. Hopefully, she's got those UEs and DFs out of her system now. With Pierce, Vera will have a chance to pick up some quality points (only 2 pts each on the last 2 players).

We know you can win this, Vera! :)

GO BEPA!!! YOU CAN DO IT!
Nick_chicane

posted on 25-5-2005 at 09:55 PM Reply With Quote

It certainly looked worrying for a while there!! So pleased she could dig the win out though cause thats the most important stat at the end of the day!! Pierce is certainly gonna be tough but as long as Vera can raise her game somewhat then i dont believe she will be a problem!! Just as long as Vera brings her right head to the match!! :)

sachalandkroon

posted on 26-5-2005 at 01:02 PM Reply With Quote

Hey guys, remember that 6 or 7 doubles faults were in the fist set, so the last two sets were pretty good in my opinion. Especially the last set she scored much more point than Birnerova.

cali

posted on 26-5-2005 at 03:46 PM Reply With Quote

Vera and Lena won: 6-4, 6-3.
cali

posted on 26-5-2005 at 06:35 PM Reply With Quote

Friday - CHATRIER - 11:00 Start

Women's Singles - 3rd Rnd.
Daniela Hantuchova (SVK)[20] vs. Kim Clijsters (BEL)[14]

followed by
Men's Singles - 3rd Rnd.
Roger Federer (SUI)[1] vs. Fernando Gonzalez (CHI)[25]

Men's Singles - 3rd Rnd.
Rafael Nadal (ESP)[4] vs. Richard Gasquet (FRA)[30]

Women's Singles - 3rd Rnd.
Vera Zvonareva (RUS)[9] vs. Mary Pierce (FRA)[21]

Hi guys! I've posted the entire schedule for Centre Court(?). It will be Vera against Mary and the crowd in this game. Let's hope that Vera will be in the game early - good serve efficiency ratio, highly aggressive and composed. She has the weapons to win the match. A Vera win and a Daniela win (really wishful thinking for her here but who knows?) would be very nice for me.

Davai Vera! :)
Simon Meadows

posted on 27-5-2005 at 04:19 AM Reply With Quote

Good Luck today Vera. Believe in yourself. You can do it. :);)
Nick_chicane

posted on 27-5-2005 at 06:06 AM Reply With Quote

Well it seems everyone sees Pierce as the favourite in this match which i find incredible!! You can get odds of 6/5 for Vera to win while Pierce is 8/13!! I'm gonna put a little something on Vera cause i like those odds and think they are totally wrong so i'll take this opportunity to try and catch the bookmakers out!! :D

Pages:  1  2
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top